Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanks (and a little venting too!)

I would just like to thank the many people who have e-mailed/called to say how good the babies look lately. We feel uplifted every time someone gives them praise! They are precious gifts to Johnny and I and we are so thankful to have them in our lives. There have been many ups and downs in their short lives already and I am sure that there will be many more to come. I need to say that I get very frustrated when people tell me that they are worried about the babies or that it is so hard to hear about their setbacks. I know they mean well, but these babies are actually doing very well for being born 3 months early. It is very stressful to us when the focus is on the negative aspects of their health, especially when we already struggle on a daily basis to maintain a positive attitude. So here is the challenge for the week....next time you hear that things are not going as we had planned, please think of all the good things that have happened in the past 3 months since their birth. God has their lives all planned out and we trust that everything happens for a reason.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Mars, I am so excited about your venting! That does not happen very often from you - I can safely say I have been on the wrong end of one of your vents only one other time (something about a trip to Australia) and I can still remember it to this day!!! Perhaps today's date gave you some strength?
Love, Jen

Anonymous said...

Dear Marsalie,Johnny and Shaylah, It has been wonderful to see your little people growing up. Thank you for sharing them with us. Hope they can share Christmas with you in their own home. Love and Best Wishes to you all. Irene and Bill Brown.

Louise Chapman said...

Good to let it out! I was just going to say from the last post on the co-bedding that they have come such a long ways and look fantastic! It's amazing how hard their little bodies have had to work and they are such strong little babies...take care. Louise

Anonymous said...

Marsalie, John, Shaylah, Caelan and Ashlyn.

Maybe I don't say enough but you are all amazing to me. Your strength and faith inspires me and the babies have done amazingly well as far as I am concerned. Since day one (well, since I heard their birth weight; did I mention how well you did there?!)I have been impressed with how well they are doing and I regularly brag about them. You know as well as anyone what their future may hold but for every struggle they become stronger and for every challenge they may face I know a child that has beaten the odds. Your babies have chosen their parents well, not only for your professional experience Mars, but for the strength of your family and your faith.

Feel free to vent, it is better out than in as "Shrek" would say. We all need to vent sometimes.

Kari

Anonymous said...

John, and Marsalie,

I just saw how beautiful they both are and how big they've gotten!!! That is truly a miracle and I'm excited for their future! I'm glad you vented...sometimes it's hard to understand what other people are going thru and it's great to be told! I think you are both very strong and I know your babies...all three of them are too!
Love you all lots
janice